Friday, November 13, 2009

Jab We Met....

We meet to create memories and we depart to preserve them, to meet and depart is way of life,but to depart and meet is the hope of life. - Anonymous


This has been a great week for me, I joined a new job at a reputed firm, I work at a very hep place and the facilities and attention that you get can end up pampering you. It is quite hard to keep your feet on the ground when you feel great things are coming your way. Yet sitting at the cafeteria dining with my colleagues gave me a nostalgic feeling, secretly wishing that my colleagues were replaced by my friends. I guess there can be nothing that replaces old friends. A good friend's marriage last night brought me and all my mates together, and what a night it was!!

All were there- the good ol' pricks. The leg-pulling and the double entendres were thrown around, and for a brief moment we transformed again into the brash students from the "focussed professionals", we forgot everything about our ball-busting bosses, the work pressure, the meetings to keep, the deadlines to deal with- its amazing how seeing a friendly face can absorb all your worries away without you knowing it. The ones to whom I never spoke in college were there too, and so were the ones whom I found annoying, yet I felt a heartwarming feeling listening to them talk, wishing they annoy me no end for one last time, they really made me wonder why I never spoke much with them in college.

We had our professors there too, how many times have we looked at our watches longingly, praying for their classes to get over soon, mocking them when they were not around, pantomiming their mannerisms, arguing with them for not giving us attendance, cursing them for not finishing the syllabus on time and busting our balls on a weekend with an assignment- never have we felt so glad on seeing them. We shook their hands and they patted our backs in appreciation for what we have become, we thanked them for everything and we really meant it. We took one final snap with the bride who was the voice, the energy, and the soul of the gang, we wished her well for a new beginning with a new companion. We bade her a final farewell- one down, four to go :(

As the night came to and end, we friends shook hands bidding adieu saying "We'll meet up some time" knowing deep within that the meet wont be the same without the bride any more, and the "some time" is just a speculation. Last night we came as individuals, met as long lost friends, and departed with a hope that we all will meet again someday, sometime....



3 comments:

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

I do remember the last time we frnds meet after college...

a guy married my college time sweetheart and all she had to say was .. tumne toh mujhe kabhi kuchh kaha nahi...hahahah

kidn of good and bad experience..

good luck for the contest

my story is here...
http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=46830

R-A-J said...

And in other news.... :)

Hey Raag,

Pls promote/vote for my blog at this url:

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=46697

Cheers!!

:)

Deboshree said...

Very well written... makes me feel nostalgic. Good work!